- Or is it difficult to locate fresh Natto in your region?
- Traditionally, the fermented soybean paste known as natto is dried off by being exposed to the sun.
- In contrast to a great number of other brands, they are prepared without the use of any oils, making them a significantly more nutritious alternative.
- Even after drying, the natto bacteria are still active and may be revived by adding moisture to the paste.
Why did I start buying Natto?
Because natto is such a rich source of vitamin K2, which is essential for bone health, I recently began purchasing it. Natto, when consumed as food, is something that has been suggested for preventing bone loss by medical professionals at NYU Langone Medical Center. As a result of having breast cancer, I will be starting an anti-hormone therapy soon.
Is natto a supplement?
- It is not a supplement; rather, it is a traditional staple meal in Japan, with records of its consumption extending back at least a thousand years.
- The fermentation process for Rhapsody’s natto utilizes a culture of Bacillus subtillis and is carried out on cooked soybeans.
- The soybeans get sticky and acquire a taste that might be described as being comparable to that of a robust aged cheese.