- Natt is a fermented soy product that is commonly used in traditional Japanese cuisine.
- Even among those who have been exposed to it their entire lives, opinions on it tend to be divided due to its mucus-like consistency and ammonia-like odor.
- According to research conducted in 2017 by Nifty, a company that provides internet services in Japan, only roughly 62 percent of Japanese people genuinely appreciate natt.
What is natto?
The Advantages of Consuming Japan’s Traditional Fermented Dish Natto is a fermented soy product that is commonly served in traditional Japanese cuisine. Opinions on this dish’s flavor vary widely, despite the fact that it is quite well-liked in its country of origin. One of the reasons for this is the extensive variety of vital (and one-of-a-kind) nutrients that can be found in natto.
How popular is nattō in Japan?
- In some parts of Japan, the practice of Natt is more commonplace than in others.
- It is well-known that Natt is well-liked in the eastern Kant area, while its popularity in Kansai is significantly lower.
- According to a poll that was conducted online in Japan in 2009, seventy percent of respondents enjoy natt and thirty percent do not; nevertheless, around half of those who do not enjoy natt still consume it due to the positive effects it has on their health.
Is natto (なっとう）a putrid food?
- However, there are certain meals that exist in a gray region, foods that straddle the line between being appetizing and repulsive, and foods that fall somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.
- The word ″natto″ () immediately brings to mind a certain type of cuisine.
- What exactly is natto?
To put it another way, natto is nothing more than fermented soybeans.A carbohydrate can be converted into an alcohol or an acid through a process called fermentation.
Is natto fermented soy?
The soybean can be consumed in its whole food form in a variety of forms, including tofu, tempeh, miso, and natto. However, in contrast to many other soy foods, natto is fermented, which is responsible for many of the health benefits associated with consuming it.