Skip to content
- Dried shiitake mushrooms are a good go-to option to have on hand in case you find yourself in a bind and need a gluten-free, soy-free, and low-sodium alternative to soy sauce.
- First, rehydrate the mushrooms in water, and then use the water that the mushrooms were soaking in in lieu of the soy sauce.
- Although it is not the most similar alternative out of all of them, it carries a powerful umami punch.
- 12 Alternatives to Soy Sauce If you want to avoid soy
- Coconut Secret coconut aminos sauce
- Fish sauce made by Red Boat
- Maggi spice sauce
- Worcestershire sauce manufactured by Lea & Perrins
- Ohsawa White Nama shoyu sauce
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 6 different sauces that may be made at home
What can I substitute for soy sauce?
- The flavor of oyster sauce is a combination of salty and sweet, making it an excellent alternative to dark soy sauce.
- In addition to this, it is fantastic for giving meals a color that will make your mouth wet and it amps up the umami flavor in beef, chicken, tofu, and duck.
- The meal will have a flavor that is reminiscent of oysters with a touch of caramel thanks to the inclusion of oyster sauce.
What can be used in place of soy sauce?
Noodles and noodle dishes
What are some alternatives for soy sauce?
- Tamari. This option is the one that most closely resembles soy sauce, provided that you do not have an allergy to soy.
- Liquid Aminos. Proteins and amino acids are both components of liquid aminos, which are a combination of a number of different elements.
- Coconut Aminos. Coconut aminos is a healthier alternative to soy sauce that does not include soy or wheat.
- Worcestershire Sauce.
- Sauce made from fish
- Miso Paste.